3/29/10

I Cry Out

I cry out in a loud voice! At this time I am exasperated….frustrated even at what lies before me, wanting to take in all Christ has to offer. As I sit before His Word, it is as though it is a banquet with every delicacy imaginable, trying to get my fill, in which I can only take in a small portion at a time but long with the desire to consume it all. This Christian life is as looking in the distance to a long stretch of road and only being able to travel short lengths before being stopped by another obstacle that only allows me to take a portion of the journey at a time. To read the words of men of faith, it is as looking at a library of books and only being able to comprehend small nuggets of truth in slow progression but desiring to allow my brain to swell with knowledge.
In confession of my sin, I must realize that God provides me with small morsels of truth that I may digest slowly and leave me hungry for more. This journey is one that I cannot complete in lightning speed but must travel slowly, mastering the obstacles that lay before me and allow the Spirit to grow in me the strength for the miles to come. The books I read will provide me with insight in to wonders for the moment and store others back for treasures that may surface later. I can no more take in the whole of what Christ has for me now than I can peer into the heavens and gaze upon celestial beings, or in looking out across the horizon - see the ends of the earth, or in looking into the depths of the sea - capture in my mind the things that dwell among the deep. So in faith……….. I will take each truth….. each morsel….. each wonder, that works in my progressive sanctification and allow it to mold me, form me and even remove from me to the glory of God. Then one day when I am able to gaze into the heighth of the heavens , to the depths of the sea or to the ends of the earth, then I will be able to look upon God’s work in me and be amazed and glorify the Maker and Creator of all things.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for expressing the Christian journey we are all on. This journey is filled with joy and heartache. It is like that song, "Where joy and sorrow meet".

    ReplyDelete