3/6/10

A Lesson In Humility

As I bathe this blog in prayer, I focused on a sermon on Humility (http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/2009/4183_Greatness_Humility_Servanthood/ - thanks Bro. Jon Rushing).
I have not made this blog open for other followers in the faith and do not plan to do so until I feel that God has prepared my heart to be in line with His on this project.

My prayer for this blog would be:
1) that I would use it to serve others
2) that I would give God all the credit and all the glory
3) that I would acknowledge all that I do as a gift of God
4) that I would see that God governs the beating of my heart
5) that I would always affirm my total dependence on God through my weakness
6) that I may only boast in Jesus Christ and that I may make the gospel
the roots of all I say and do.

I pray that I never take for granted the greatness of this journey I am on. It is only by grace that I have been called, and only by grace that I am able to follow. Lord, may my once blind eyes fully see your glory. Open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from your law. (Psalms 119:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment